(стр. 1 из 2)

Aerotero → English → General discussion

Страницы: 1 2 дальше

Оτветиτь

RSS

Сообщения с 1 по 25 из 49

Тема: General discussion

Here you can ask questions about the server and FC2 game.

Re: General discussion

Hello to everyone! Let me introduce myself.
I like your server and I flew couple times there (nickname PappaBear), so I decided to join your forum. I live in Hrvatska (Croatia) and love airplanes, especially Mig-21 bis.
I don't speak Russian language, but I understand few words.
As I can see, there are not much english-speaking pilots here, but it's not a problem. I'll try to learn Russian as much as I can. :)
I have some experience in flying virtual planes, but mostly offline, so I'm a kind of a noob in multiplayer.
So much for now, thank you for everything!

Hello, PappaBear!
Welcome to the forum!

Fastest way to level up skills in dogfight and ground attacks, I think, is imitation great pilots of the server.

If you want to understand Russian forum messages, you can use "Google Translate" service:
to English: https://translate.google.com/translate? … p%3Fid%3D1
to Hrvatski: https://translate.google.com/translate? … p%3Fid%3D1

Please feel free to write messages if you have any further questions.

U zadnje vreme nisam često na serveru, ali ako me vidiš slobodno pitaj na Hrvatskom. Pozdrav iz Srbije.

Дежурный, thank you for reply! Cпасибо! ;)
Zlatko, hvala na pomoći! Drago mi je da nisam jedini "balkanac" ovdje. ;) Živio!
Thanks, everyone!

Hi, again!
I have few questions about mods and maps:
1. Which mods are allowed or recomended? (Please, include links for download, if possible.)
2. What are mission goals for each map and how long it takes before restart of each map?
3. Are there any planned co-operative mission or players just join and follow others?

Also, is there a possibility to include MiG-21 as a multirole-fighter? (And maybe some GCI or AWACS?)

Thank you in advance, your server is a joy to fly on! ;)

PappaBear, thanks for the questions!

1. I don't recommend install big mods, because the FC2 game has some bugs. Many mods add new bugs, result is unstable game with errors and crashes.

But all mods with original or realistic weapon settings and original engine settings are allowed.
Some mods here:
original page: http://aerotero.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14
translated page: https://translate.google.com/translate? … %3Fid%3D14
I strongly don't recommend install "1-mod", this mod has a lot of bugs.

2. Missions does not have formal goals. I think that principles of the multiplayer game are communication of people, training and joy. See also: http://aerotero.ru/?en

Server have 4 mission cycle now.
Mission file — mission title — duration — description:
"Aero+tero 01" — "Summer" — 4 hours — first server mission;
"Aero+tero 02" — "Autumn"  — 6 hours — modified first mission;
"Aero+tero 03" — "Winter"   — 4 hours — mission without F10 fighter labels;
"Aero+tero 04" — "Georgia" — 4 hours — new mission without fighters rearming and with many units for ground attack aircrafts.

3. Everyone has his own goals. Some players are planning teamwork and they are talking using chat, Teamspeak etc.

4. Players was tired of frequent AWACS messages in first server missions (July 2015). Also, ships launch many missiles if AWACS in the air. It reason of game freeze.

Sorry, it is impossible to add MiG-21.
Experience has shown that some players install "1-mod" for control mod aircrafts like F-16, MiG-21 and other. It is also reason of game freeze.

If game freeze in your computer, your coordinates are jerkily sent to the server. Your plane is shown jumping for all.  It is horrible.

I want the game to be without bugs, errors and freezes.

I think that my answers are helpful.

8 ред. 05.10.2016, 00:08 — PappaBear

Дежурный, thank you very much for your quick response!

I don't have much experience with mods (formerly I only used MiG-21bis by beczl/djordjijevic), but I have seen many players having different mods for lights, sounds, textures and weapons - here and also on some other servers. So, i tried to find some mods and I found "1-MOD" (link was on this forum), which is really big and I don't need all the airplanes, but it has MiG-21-93 and some weapons change. But, when I choose non-standard weapons other players think I'm cheating. :( (Like, for example, R-77 missiles on Su-27.)
Personally, I'm OK with standard weapons from original game.

Regarding instability and freezing of game, I noticed the same in singleplayer, but in multiplayer my game is now more stable and doesn't freeze or crash as often as before "1-MOD". This is strange, but my computer is really old - so maybe that is reason.

So, if I understood correctly, you are recommending using clean-install game, with maybe some mods for sounds and graphics?
If so, I'm going to uninstall "1-MOD" right away. :)

Thank you once again and thank you for hosting this server and forum!

Best regards,
PappaBear!

PappaBear, if you game is now more stable than before "1-MOD" and FPS is not low, I don't recommend uninstall this mod.
(For checking FPS press Ctrl+Pause in the game.)
But many users says that game stability is decreasing by "1-MOD". Therefore I am recommending using clean-install game.

MiG-21 in sophisticated FlightGear flight simulator.

I use FlightGear version 2.12.1 for old comruters. FPS = 109, you can see it in the screenshots.

Дежурный, thank you for information!
I will check it out. ;)

Hello to everybody on this forum!

I want to say something about players I have met here. Most of the pilots are OK and they try to accomplish the mission goal. Some pilots fly better, others maybe not so good, but we are all learning and trying to get better - including myself.
I also noticed from time to time that some pilots violate rules of armamment and aircraft performance. There is also a lot of teamkilling. I know it can happen to anyone, but if you have radar and RWR, and labels on map (F10) are showing who is friendly and who is enemy - then there is no room for mistake!
This makes me sad and confused at the same time, because some of those guys are really good pilots - I don't understand why they do such things? :(

And I don't want to become notorious for reporting teamkills and rules violations... I just want to play with anybody who tries to finish the mission.
But, this is hard when Red shoots at Red, or when airplane has flaps down with full afterburner and speed of 1300 km/h. Or 12 A-A missiles and endless fuel... You know what I mean.

So, please, tell me how to keep the game at high level and free of cheating - and not hurting anyone's feelings at the same time?

(I would really love to hear what other players think, so if anyone can translate to Russian? I don't trust Google translate.)
PappaBear

PappaBear :

Hello to everybody on this forum!

I want to say something about players I have met here. Most of the pilots are OK and they try to accomplish the mission goal. Some pilots fly better, others maybe not so good, but we are all learning and trying to get better - including myself.
I also noticed from time to time that some pilots violate rules of armamment and aircraft performance. There is also a lot of teamkilling. I know it can happen to anyone, but if you have radar and RWR, and labels on map (F10) are showing who is friendly and who is enemy - then there is no room for mistake!
This makes me sad and confused at the same time, because some of those guys are really good pilots - I don't understand why they do such things? :(

And I don't want to become notorious for reporting teamkills and rules violations... I just want to play with anybody who tries to finish the mission.
But, this is hard when Red shoots at Red, or when airplane has flaps down with full afterburner and speed of 1300 km/h. Or 12 A-A missiles and endless fuel... You know what I mean.

So, please, tell me how to keep the game at high level and free of cheating - and not hurting anyone's feelings at the same time?

(I would really love to hear what other players think, so if anyone can translate to Russian? I don't trust Google translate.)
PappaBear

Google Translate:

Привет всем на этом форуме!

Я хочу что-то сказать об игроках, которых я встретил здесь. Большинство пилотов в порядке, и они пытаются достичь цели миссии. Некоторые пилоты летают лучше, другие, возможно, не так хорошо, но мы все учимся и пытается получить лучше - в том числе и себя.
Я также заметил, время от времени, что некоторые пилоты нарушают правила armamment и летно-технические характеристики. Существует также много teamkilling. Я знаю, что это может случиться с кем угодно, но если у вас есть радар и RWR и метки на карте (F10) показывают, кто является дружественным, а кто враг - тогда нет места для ошибки!
Это делает меня грустным и запутанным в то же самое время, потому что некоторые из этих ребят действительно хорошие пилоты - я не понимаю, почему они делают такие вещи? :(

И я не хочу, чтобы стать пресловутая отчетности смертям и нарушения правил ... Я просто хочу, чтобы играть с кем-либо, кто пытается закончить миссию.
Но это трудно, когда красный стреляет в красный, или когда самолет имеет закрылками с полным форсаже и скоростью 1300 км / ч. Или 12 ракет типа АА и бесконечное топливо ... Вы знаете, что я имею в виду.

Так что, пожалуйста, скажите мне, как держать игру на высоком уровне и без обмана - и не повреждая чьи-либо чувства, в то же время?

(Я бы очень хотелось услышать, что другие игроки думают, так что если кто-нибудь может перевести на русский язык? Я не доверяю Google Translate.)
PappaBear

Translation to Russian is relatively good.
Yes, some players love to take cheaters armaments or to change performances of their engines or aerodynamics... They not like aviation at all, they playing just to annoy others, or they do not know anything about aviation and then trying to compensate with cheating.
About teamkilling, there are two situations, first when player intentionaly damaging friendly contacts (because he can't shoot any enemy, then trying to saturate his hunger with teamkilling) or shooting weapons randomly in area where are no enemy contacts, and second scenario when teamkill happens not intentionaly or by accident (for example, blue and red dogfighting, another red launches R-77 on blue target but active homing head re-lock to red plane and kill kim).
In both cases full responsability have plane which launced missile. For first scenario offender gets strictly ban in accordance with the rules. Second scenario is not covered by the rules because its not intentional teamkill, its more teamkill by negligence.
When there is a risk of hiting friendly, pilot shouldn't launch any missile, particularly missiles with active-radar homing such as R-77 (RVV-AE) and AIM-120B (C).
Full afterburners and lowered flaps just talking about ignorance of the player. But game allows that and we cannot do anything about that. In reality flaps would be damaged if not destroyed, and engines on constant full afterburner would be overheated and burned...

PappaBear :

...airplane has flaps down with full afterburner and speed of 1300 km/h

It network game bug. Flaps up at 500 km/h automatically, but this information is not sent to other players.

Well, regarding teamkills, this was the most recent situation:
I was flying mission with Su-25T on this server for several hours and scored significant amount of points against enemy troops, I even had dogfight against Blue Su-27 which lasted few minutes but I was finally shot down with missile. :) So, everything OK, I go on with my CAS/SEAD task and after depleeting all ammunition, I decide to fly back to Krymsk.
Then, all of the sudden, one player appears with Su-27 on MY SIDE (red) and locks me with radar. We were the only two players in the game (there was also player "CAS", but inactive), so I popped few flares and turned NAV lights on, just to be sure he sees me. While on my final approach, I notice he goes around me to come from behind, and as I landed he began to strafe with gun! I pulled my airplane to the left side of runway and then sent him chat message that he's violating the rules and can be banned from server for doing that. He replied "Po russki", but I was already tired and wanted to finish game anyway, so I let him go.
He was obviously a young pilot (noob?) not knowing of situational awareness, but skilled enough to shoot me down with guns! :/ I will repeat: we were both playing for RED side.
So, if I report him, I become old grudge that blaims everyone for everything - but if I don't, he goes on thinking it's not a bad thing and I loose my life.
Yes, it's only a game - but if you want a dogfight, why don't you just ask?
I love to fly on this server, other pilots tolerate me even though I don't speak Russian and sometimes we even chat and have fun flying together.
If only some people would start working on their flying skills and thus becoming self-confident, there would be no need for cheating or teamkilling.

I apologise for this long message.
Be well!
PappaBear

PappaBear, thanks for message!

If you want keep the game at high level and free of cheating, you must warn pilots or report on the forum about rules violations.

Greeting everyone!
I just want to wish everyone happy New Year, much joy, health, love and peace!
And also some better hardware, so we can get a taste of DCS and other newer games. ;)
Cheers!

Željko a.k.a PappaBear

PappaBear, Happy New Year!

one suggestion. is it possible the server could host some mission with more real setting. for example no f10 label, or at least for some mission. because so many player is using the F10-map to descover/find enemy fighter, this really ruin the gaming expirence.
and the datalink is give the su27/su33/mig29 a huge advantage.
to be honest I prefer the most real setting.
thx.

There is only one mission without F10 labels. This mission is "Aero+tero 03" — "Winter". EWR datalinks required for inexperienced players and couldn't be disabled.

One year ago new server with F1 cockpit view was opened. It was a very unpopular server, there 1-2 players were flying. The server has been closed after 1 week.

Дежурный :

There is only one mission without F10 labels. This mission is "Aero+tero 03" — "Winter". EWR datalinks required for inexperienced players and couldn't be disabled.

One year ago new server with F1 cockpit view was opened. It was a very unpopular server, there 1-2 players were flying. The server has been closed after 1 week.

I notice this, thx for quick reply. seems not so many players like real setting.

Hi.
please insert Mig-29 whit ground arms too. thanks a lot.

TOPGUN, you can change arming using menu (keys: "\", "F7", "F1" and select payloads).

25 ред. 27.03.2017, 03:38 — PappaBear

Hello, Дежурный!
Can you please make this upload window for pictures and files translated to english?

Thanks in advance!

Сообщения с 1 по 25 из 49

Страницы: 1 2 дальше

Оτветиτь

Aerotero → English → General discussion

Быстрый ответ

Справка: BBCode Изображения

Невозможно отправить или просмотреть пустое сообщение.

Составьте сообщение